Chocolate Rescue for Dogs made its first in-person display at the Great Lakes Pet Expo on February 4.
Co-Founders Amadeus Benitez and Arek Schmocker were joined by Tamaris Releford at the Wisconsin State Fair Park over the weekend. Their booth saw more than 300 pet parents who came to learn more about the first and only remedy for chocolate ingestion in dogs.
Many of the visitors shared stories of how their dog (or a dog they knew) ate chocolate, how they had to evacuate the dog's stomach, or how they had to go the vet at the most inconvenient times.
Leo was the star of Booth 510 as the inspiration behind Chocolate Rescue for Dogs. He greeted each visitor with enthusiasm; but with two hours left in the show, Leo decided he would nap under the table.
A few comments from the shows:
"I wish I would have had this sooner, my dog ate a bunch of chocolate yesterday"
"I saw you on TV"
"My dog almost died 30 years ago from chocolate poisoning and I am still traumatized"
"Why hasn't this been invented yet?"
"Such a great idea"