Frequently Asked Questions
Chocolate Rescue for Dogs is a dog-friendly treat formulated
with aluminosilicates to selectively absorb caffeine and theobromine, the toxins found in chocolate. It is a safe solution for dogs that have consumed chocolate. If you suspect your dog has ingested chocolate, administer Chocolate Rescue for Dogs promptly.
After administering Chocolate Rescue for Dogs, it is crucial to monitor your pet closely. For further guidance on the next steps, promptly contact your veterinarian. Additionally, provide your veterinarian with information about the quantity and contents of the ingested substances, as this will assist in their assessment and recommendations.
Yes! The company is so sure of the safety of their product, their personal dogs have eaten Chocolate Rescue for Dogs to test palatability. The pickiest dogs enjoy the taste of Chocolate Rescue for Dogs.
While there is a minimal risk of adverse effects from multiple doses, it is advisable to consult your veterinarian for the best course of action.
Ideally, administer Chocolate Rescue for Dogs before visible symptoms of chocolate toxicosis appear, making it challenging to assess its immediate effectiveness. If your dog does not exhibit long-term symptoms, it suggests that the product may have been successful in addressing potential issues. However, monitoring your dog's overall well-being and consulting with your veterinarian can provide a more comprehensive evaluation of the product's effectiveness.
If you determine that your pet did not ingest a toxin after administering Chocolate Rescue for Dogs, rest assured that no additional steps are necessary. You are in the clear, and your pet's well-being remains unaffected.
Yes, Chocolate Rescue for Dogs is suitable for use in cats as well as dogs. Cats, being more picky eaters, might require some unique methods in how you administer the product. Ensure to follow the provided dosage chart based on your pet's weight, just as you would for dogs.
The FDA does not officially regulate medical devices, and Chocolate Rescue for Dogs falls under this classification as it does not alter the internal functions of the body but rather passes through toxins. However, it's important to note that Chocolate Rescue for Dogs has been meticulously crafted in accordance with all rules and recommendations of the FDA by our team of professional animal health advisors, and food safety experts. Further, our studies have shown a significant decrease in the amount of toxin from being absorbed.
In the event that a child consumes Chocolate Rescue for Dogs, it is crucial to contact a healthcare professional or poison control center immediately. While this product is generally safe and used in human supplements, seeking medical advice is essential to ensure the child's safety.
Chocolate Rescue for Dogs packaging includes a dosage chart based on your pet's weight. It's crucial to ensure you've administered the correct amount according to this chart. If your pet's condition doesn't improve or worsens, it is advisable to contact your veterinarian or a poison control center immediately.
Yes, the efficacy of Chocolate Rescue for Dogs has been validated through two "no-harm" trials conducted by an independent contract research organization. Chemical analysis was performed by a separate third-party laboratory. Departing from common practices, these trials were designed with small numbers and subclinical amounts of toxin to ensure all lab animals would fully recover without undue distress. In a challenge study, lab animals were given a subclinical amount of a caffeine/theobromine mixture, similar to that found in dark chocolate, followed by Chocolate Rescue for Dogs. A matched control group, running in parallel, did not receive Chocolate Rescue for Dogs. Behavior and vitals were monitored, and blood samples taken for third-party analysis. The resulting data demonstrates efficacy, as both observational and blood markers improved when lab animals were given Chocolate Rescue for Dogs shortly after ingesting chocolate toxins.
Chocolate Rescue for Dogs is supported by more than 30 years of aluminosilicates research in both human and animal medicine. Many books and papers show thousands of safe uses for aluminosilicates.
There are several reasons why we do not recommend inducing vomiting before administering Chocolate Rescue for Dogs. First, Chocolate Rescue for Dogs needs to be in your pet's stomach as soon as possible to bind the toxin and prevent absorption. Vomiting, however, takes 5-15 minutes to initiate and lasts for 45 minutes. Delaying Chocolate Rescue for Dogs administration by just an hour could result in significant toxin absorption during that time.
Second, vomiting is an inconsistent mode of stomach decontamination, working only 60% of the time to remove any toxin, and when successful, it removes on average only 45% of the toxin. This means that 40% of the time, it does not work at all, and 60% of the time, it leaves 55% of the toxin in the body to be absorbed. In contrast, Chocolate Rescue for Dogs takes seconds for a pet to eat, begins working immediately, and acts in both the stomach and the intestines.
Third, inducing vomiting can have many side effects, including pneumonia, esophageal burns, and making the animal feel unwell for up to an hour. Chocolate Rescue for Dogs, on the other hand, does not have these negative side effects.
Chocolate Rescue for Dogs works against caffeine and theobromine, the toxins in chocolate.
Extensive lab studies have demonstrated that 10 times the recommended dose of Chocolate Rescue for Dogs is safe. However, excessive amounts may lead to an upset stomach or vomiting. If you notice any abnormal behavior in your pet, it is advisable to contact your veterinarian for guidance.
Vomiting, restlessness, agitation, high body temperature, high heartrate, and, in severe cases, seizures.
Determine the dosage based on your pet’s weight as shown on the packaging and offer to your dog. You may mix the chewable with food or liquid to get your dog to eat.
While it's most effective immediately after ingestion. However, given the variability in stomach contents, digestion, and absorption, it is never too late to administer.
If your pet declines to ingest Chocolate Rescue for Dogs when mixed with water or food, consider trying to mix it with a favorite treat or a palatable substitute. If your pet still refuses, it is recommended to contact your veterinarian immediately for advice on alternative administration methods or further guidance.
Yes, even if your pet seems better after receiving Chocolate Rescue for Dogs, it is crucial to get them evaluated by a veterinarian. Always contact your vet so they can provide a comprehensive assessment and ensure that no further treatment is necessary.
Once the toxin binds to the aluminosilicate in Chocolate Rescue for Dogs, it cannot be absorbed into your pet's bloodstream. The aluminosilicate-toxin travels through the gastrointestinal tract and is eventually eliminated in the feces. This ensures that the bound toxin is safely removed from your pet's body.
While Activated Charcoal binds to a broad range of substances, requiring a larger quantity to effectively bind toxins, Chocolate Rescue for Dogs is designed to selectively bind the specific toxins in chocolate. This targeted approach allows for a more efficient binding effect, requiring a smaller amount of Chocolate Rescue for Dogs compared to Activated Charcoal.
While hydrogen peroxide is a common method for inducing vomiting in animals that have ingested toxins, our veterinary specialist advisory panel does not recommend this method over Chocolate Rescue for Dogs. Using hydrogen peroxide poses risks of aspiration pneumonia due to vomiting. Moreover, research suggests that inducing vomiting is inconsistently effective. Studies by Khan et al (2012) revealed that hydrogen peroxide-induced vomiting produced the toxicant in only 60% of cases, and when successful, it recovered on average only 45% of the toxicant, leaving 55% to be absorbed by the body.
Chocolate Rescue for Dogs was invented by Amadeus Benitez. The inspiration behind its creation came after his dogs, Leo, ingested a full bag of baker’s dark chocolate. Following three unsuccessful attempts to induce vomiting with hydrogen peroxide, Leo was rushed to the emergency room and fortunately recovered. This experience prompted Amadeus to develop a solution, considering the limited accessibility to emergency veterinary care. Chocolate Rescue for Dogs underwent rigorous development, including lab validation and in vivo testing, to ensure its effectiveness and safety.